Here they are in no particular order:
1. New York, NY - The Village Halloween parade is so fun to watch in person. Around 50,000 people dress up and parade down Sixth Avenue. Even more fun? Riding the subway with everyone in costume.
2. Transylvania, Romania - Home of Dracula's Castle, need I say more?
3. Oaxaca, Mexico - The city celebrates its annual Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) festival October 31st to November 2nd, and costumed party-goers pay visits to local cemeteries and decorate the streets with flowers, skulls, and skeletons.
4. New Orleans, LA - Even on a normal day, this city is pretty creepy thanks to the voodoo shops, old cemeteries, and haunted history. And on October 30th, you can get the Mardi Gras experience with the Krewe of Boo.
5. Estes Park, CO - If the thought of Stephen King's The Shining still gives you chills, try staying at The Stanley Hotel which inspired that story. It's supposedly haunted by at least three people. You can even attend an adults-only masquerade ball at the hotel on All Hallows' Eve.