Fun Reads: August 8, 2014


"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." - Albert Einstein. He was a pretty smart man, wasn't he? The blackboard Einstein used when he did a lecture at Oxford in 1931 (pictured above) is preserved and hanging Museum of the History of Science. We visited it recently and geeked out. 

Other things that had me geeking out this week (in a totally different way):

Somm, a documentary streaming on Netflix about what it's like to take the Master Sommelier exam. While I do enjoy my wine, it's amazing to see all the things I don't actually notice when taking a sip. But these guys spend years studying and memorizing. It's crazy!

Speaking of wine... did you hear the latest about Trader Joe's 2 buck chuck (which I may or may not have bought in bulk in my past)? This is why it's so cheap. Bless their hearts...

But really... one of my Twitter friends did a post on how to throw shade like a Southern lady, and it's pretty spot on. I laughed out loud a few times while reading it. 

And as much as I loved growing up in the South, I equally love that I'm spending my grown-up years in NYC (minus this year of course). I mean, when things like this happen, I get homesick and jealous that I wasn't on that train...

But I'm super happy I wasn't on this one. Shudder.


Plans for the weekend? No idea what we're going to do yet--I think we'll just wing it. 

Have a great one, everybody!


1 comment:

  1. I loved this, being referred to other interesting articles!! Your twitter friend on a Southern lady had me laughing out loud too!! Somm sounds like a great recommendation and I totally plan on watching it!!

    ReplyDelete