#TBT: 6 Never-Before-Seen Pics From Our Year Abroad, Plus The Story Behind Them

In honor of Throwback Thursday, I thought it'd be fun to share a few pics that never made it onto the blog this year but are still some of my favorites. Check them out below, along with the story behind them:

Bangkok, Thailand
Our friend David took this pic during a dinner cruise in Bangkok. Besides David being one of the most amazing photographers I know (and he does this just as a hobby, BTW), I love this picture because it was taken right after Christopher tried his first shrimp as an adult. He used to be the pickiest of eaters but his palate has matured a lot recently. I like to think the Thailand trip changed him for the better. In fact, as someone who used to oppose fish, he's even requested salmon for dinner a few times this year.


Stuttgart, Germany
When we visited my college friends Elise and Truett in Stuttgart, Germany, we also got to hang out with their three adorable little boys. On our last day there, we woke up to the first snowfall of the season. The whole town was covered in a blanket of white, so we went into the forest and played in it, obviously. I was not prepared with my flimsy little tennis shoes, so needless to say, we had a lot of fun slipping and sliding on those hills.


Bordeaux, France
This is me and my mother-in-law inside a fancy wine cellar at Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte during our trip to Bordeaux. We were just casually enjoying a tasting when the person working there hit a magic button that made the floor open up, revealing a glittery staircase that led us to a room stocked with vintage wine and this really cool wall (I'm not making this up, although, yes, I realize it sounds like a dream).


Dublin, Ireland
These two guys were performing traditional Irish music (i.e., U2 songs) when we walked into a pub during our trip to Dublin. The place was insanely crowded--there was a soccer match on TV right before, and it seemed like the favorite won, so everyone was in good spirits. A nice couple invited us to sit at a table with them and this was our view. Not pictured: our pints of Guinness.

Florence, Italy
A coworker told me about an amazing must-visit restaurant in Florence so I promised him we'd go when we were there. It was definitely one of the best meals we had in Italy, but we couldn't help getting a little creeped out at the painting behind me. 
 
Oxford, England
This picture makes me laugh every time I look at it. During a punting trip with our friends who came to visit, we split up into two groups. Luckily, our boat got this great show when they lost their pole in the water. It stuck in the ground so it was easy to find, but this picture is pretty priceless.

Related:
A Trip Down Cuckoo Lane
10 Quotes That Will Make You Want to Travel
Mrs. Stratton's Words of Wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment